Monday, April 11, 2011

The Frozen Lake




One February, Sunday, afternoon, Jeff and I decided to Rondeau and see the lake.  This is a good time of the year to see the lake frozen.  It was very cold.  I wore Jeff's hat and some warm glove and I was still cold.  We parked on the road and walk out to the lake.  The first part of the lake was smooth and snow packed.

In some spots where the snow was thin we were able to see some clear ice. 



 Further into the lake, the ice was more choppy and cut up.  Jeff said that the ice froze later than that in the front.  We took pictures to show mom back in a land where it is rear to see this kind of ice.  Then we went to the bay. 
 
  
 Fishing huts were set up on the ice and there were a few people on snow mobiles.  I took some more pictures. We walked across the bay to the deck.  There were some soft spots in the ice.  Jeff said this is because the water is not as deep so it warms up faster.  We were not worried about falling through because there were ice tents and snowmobiles on the bay as well.





To get out of the lake we had to climb up on the deck.






We decided to take the road to go back to the car.  The sow was so deep that in some places I would fall through and the snow would come up to my knees.
. The snowplows pushed the snow up so high that in some spots the piles were above my head.  Even though it was so cold, Jeff and I still had a good time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment