Wednesday, September 25, 2013

W. And water play

Date: Sept 2013.   Name: W


I put W. In the sink so I could make some cinnamon rolls and he could watch.  As I washed my hands he watched as I turned on the water and put my hands under the water.  When I put soap on my hands, he reached for the water.  I rinsed my hands under his and watched as he turned his hand palm up and tried to grab the water.  Turned the water down to a slow trickle. He wiggled his fingered, looked at me and smiled.  Then he looked back at the running water, and tried to touch the bottom of the sink.  He leaned in with both hands this time.  Both hands touched the bottom of the sink where the water was landing. He touched the drain, where the water was leaving. Then he looked at the faucet, where the water was coming from.  He touched the facet with one hand and then both hands.  He pulled the facet close to him, leaned forward and stuck out his tongue.  After a few tries his tongue touched the water.  Within a few minutes, he had his mouth on the facet.  In the end his hair, face, and half his shirt was wet, but he was smiling so big.

Connection to the continuum
Infants
Social
1.1. Social interest
Emotional
2.3. Sense of self
Cognitive
4.5. Spatial problem-solving 


No comments:

Post a Comment