Date: Sept 2013. Name: W.
I decided that day that the floors needed to get washed, whether W had a nap or not. W was not asleep yet so I made some soapy water and put W on the floor with a pile of bubbles next to him.
At first he looked at me and then at the bubbles. He did hot touch them. I picked up some of the bubbles and blew them off my hand. He giggled and laughed as the bubble flew past his face. Every time I blew the bubbles he laughed a little louder and a little harder. Next I got two wash cloths to wash the floor with. One for me and one for him. He held on to his cloth and watched me as I put mine in the water and swished it around. He smiled. When I left to wash the floor, he stuck his hand in to bubbles in the floor and looked at them. As he looked at his bubble covered hand, twisting it and turning it, he babbled and cooed. Then he touched the bubble pile again. He repeated this a few times. Not long after that he brought his soapy hand to his mouth, then wrinkled his nose and rubbed his face with his clean hand. He continued to play with the bubble in this way for about 20 minutes.
Continuum of development
Infant
Social
1.3 Simple Turn Taking
Emotional
2.1. Expression of Emotion
Communication, language, and literacy
3.1. Non-verbal communication
Joint attention
3.3. Expressive language Skills
Vocalizing and Babbling


No comments:
Post a Comment