My two sister-in-laws were out camping with their seven kids. Trudy, My mother- in-law and I went out to the camp site to give the two moms a little break. When we got there, they were just getting ready for lunch. Trudy and I had brought some fish and a cake for dessert. They already had dishes, fruit, water and chocolate milk. We had some lunch and then sat down with a good book. I think I read three kid books that day. After I got tired of reading Trudy and I took five of the seven kids to the park. They played tag and went up and down the slide. At this point I wished I had more energy to run and play with them. Trudy really enjoyed someone to talk too. On the way home we stopped at the beach. I wanted to see the waves.
When we got to the beach and the kids knew just what to do. They took off their shoes and ran into the water to see if it was cold. They would run to the water wait for a wave and then run from the wave to avoid getting wet. Trudy and I talked little more while the kids played on the beach. We watched them creep closer and closer to the water as their confidence built up. Soon enough Hannah was wet above her knees and all the other kids had pulled their pants up high in an unavoidable attempt to stay dry.
I was reminded of this story when we were watching Daniel Meadows and his family. When his dad would make him and his family come out, stand in front of the camera and say turn. I know that this is not the same, but it is about family and having the unexpected happen (turning the wrong way?). Having five different kids, it was fun to watch them react to the water differently.
I was reminded of this story when we were watching Daniel Meadows and his family. When his dad would make him and his family come out, stand in front of the camera and say turn. I know that this is not the same, but it is about family and having the unexpected happen (turning the wrong way?). Having five different kids, it was fun to watch them react to the water differently.
No comments:
Post a Comment