When I first got married, Jeff and I lived in an apartment where you could not have a washer and dryer efficiently and the laundry area charged you three dollars to wash and dry a load of clothes. Due to this small fee, we decided that we would go to someone else’s house to do laundry.
One laundry day, Valerie, my sister-in-law, picked me up to go to meet Nicole and Trudy for lunch at Trudy’s house. Trudy is my mother-in-law and Nicole is the second sister-in-law. The goal for this day was to help them out with babysitting in exchange to get my laundry done. On this day there were five kids under the age of five. All of them wanted to help me do my laundry
Hannah and Noah, ages 2 and 3 at the time, came in the laundry room where I was. They looked at my load of clean whites. They would take out a sock, a shirt or a towel, look at it and put it back. I watched Hannah take a pair of my underwear out and look at them. I turned to puts some stuff in the washer and suddenly I heard a burst of laughter coming from the living room where the mom’s were sitting. I turned to find the two children and my underwear were gone. I assumed the worst and grabbed an under shirt and dashed into the living room to see what the commotion was all about. As I walked in to room I found Hannah with my clean underwear on her head. I smiled at the crowd of vaguely familiar faces and quickly grabbed my underwear from the youngster, said thank you and gave her the under shirt to avoid conflict. After I got my underwear back, I went back to the laundry room for two reasons; one: to finish the laundry, two: to let the three in-laws in the living room get the teasing and giggles out of their system.
Later that evening, they told me that I handled the situation very well. I was thankful that they didn’t tease me to much more about it that night.
I wanted to tell this story because during class you were talking about your grandchildren and what funny things they can do. That reminded me of this story of when I first got married, went to my mother-in-laws house to do laundry and my niece took my underwear. This relates to your story because it is about a child and it is humorous.
I wanted to tell this story because during class you were talking about your grandchildren and what funny things they can do. That reminded me of this story of when I first got married, went to my mother-in-laws house to do laundry and my niece took my underwear. This relates to your story because it is about a child and it is humorous.
No comments:
Post a Comment