Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Lobster

Jeff and I went on vacation to Nova Scotia.  There were two things Jeff said that you had to do while you were in Nova Scotia; eat lobster and see a moose.  This short story is about the lobster.  We went to the all famous “Hall’s Harbor” to get this “once in a life time” lobster.  They put it in a box for us and put an ice pack in with it to keep it alive.  Then we went down to the ocean near our camp site and got ocean water to cook it in.  We had to wait to cook the lobster until Jeff’s friend, Justin and Katherine, got there as well.  They were going to eat lobster and camp with us for the night. 
            I had never had lobster and therefore I had not had much experience with lobsters before.  When Justin and Katherine got the camp site, we started boiling the water for the lobsters.  Jeff insisted that I hold the lobster before we eat it.  Reluctantly I held out my hand to grasp the creature in the manner that Jeff had shown me.  The poor little guy flayed his tail and little legs in an attempt to defend himself and try to get away.  (It was kind of creepy really.)  The guys quickly snapped a shot with the camera and I gave it back. 
            Jeff wasn’t afraid.  Before he put the lobster in the water Jeff and Justin attempted to pull the claws apart to see just how strong a lobster claw was.  As he was putting the lobster in the boiling water Jeff found it interesting to listen to the lobster cry and scream.


This was my first story one the first post card.  It is about a part of our vacation to Nova Scotia and had lobster for dinner.  I am not sure why I posted this one except that I like the story line and I had a cool picture to go with it.  This story was also one to the highlights on our vacation.  This was the first real lobster I have ever eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment